Resilience with sijan and alloo curry..

Sijan and alloo curry
The woman stood near the fish vendors at Mon Repos market and shouted 'Sijan fuh de fish curry'.

Mon Repos Market is always complicated to buy fish - the bhajans loudly playing tend to remind you to question whether the carcass indulgence is legitimate and the consequences of all this in the larger scheme of things.

I looked at the woman's "Hundred for a bundle" and walked away and thought about it and walked back and bought a Hundred, not sure whether I could figure out coconut milk and how to manage different tastes and so on but had visions of putting the sijan in fish curry which I planned to cook also for the first time.

Caregiving duties are managed barely, but the being healthy to be a good caregiver is posing a great challenge as the body and mind seem to want to go in other directions. Sugar for the mind and diclofenac for the body and things seem to be on track.

Monday also brings up circumstances which requires vege eating for me.

I am cooking sijan and alloo curry in one pot, and the fish curry which I will not eat in another and thinking at the same time of CV and work and my grandmothers who apparently used to cook two and three pot every day to accomodate different tastes. I also think of the women who cook the carcass but don't eat it and my own lazy excuse of not wanting to cook two pots to be a vegetarian when this is what I am doing.

I have never cooked fish curry before, so there is a kind of fatalistic risk taking here about what the hell, go for it and just do both pots , first time.


I have never cooked sijan and alloo curry - I chip up some lime and put in the curry as I am doing first time. Thinking about a substitute for coconut milk and that kind of decision making in even as I wonder about how to organise income earning work and skills building to deal with multiple responsibilities now which require multiple skills and resilience techniques.

The pot looks good for a picture.

Sijan curry - two Monday's in a row after never eating it- wondering if there is some deeper meaning in all of this.


----------
PS : Sijan curry taste better wid coconut milk.. in fact any ting taste better wid coconut milk

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar