Eddoe leaf bhaji / Eddoe leaf Calallo

I like bhaji (spinach, calalloo, whatever). I have eaten but never made Eddoe Leaf Bhaji . I have been asking around - different people have said different things.

You get the leaves, you have to strip the ribs out. However, the market now, you can buy the eddoe leaf chipped up and ready to cook.

I have this vision of the thing scratching my throat. So I heard the following :-

a) Steam it in water before you chunkay (fry with the onion, etc) it to cook
b) Don't worry wid nobody, cook it like regular bhaji,
c) Chunkay it, let the water dry out, then throw in the coconut milk.

So.. I put some water at the base of the karahee, heated it up to boiling and then threw in the $200 worth I bought. (They pack in the plastic bags).

After a bit , the whole thing started 'to spring water' and reduced to a nice green thing. I threw in a colander to drain out the water and I hope the itchy parts.

I then proceeded to chunkay with the oil, garlic, onion, etc.

Then I threw the coconut milk - enough to cover and a bit over, and then left it to dry down. I put in some tomato and a lil too much salt.

I left the thing to dry down.. opened pot. It is amazing how this $200 still left a good amount.. good value for money.

The thing wuk good wid the whole wheat sada roti. It taste 'rich'.. like how katahar curry tastes when it have nuff thick coconut milk.

This is my new favourite.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar