9 reasons why I volunteer

Today is International Volunteers Day and I see plenty people congratulating and so on.

Here are the reasons why I volunteer..








  1. I volunteer because I like to feel nice. I only volunteer when I can feel nice and I do not volunteer when I do not feel nice. If I do not feel nice, then I do not ever volunteer with that organisation, place again.
  2. I volunteer because I like to work with poor/less fortunate/needy/disadvantaged people. I think it is nice to give two or three or four hours to help those poor/less fortunate/needy/disadvantaged people and to bring their lives up like mine. 
  3. I volunteer because well, it is good to know that there are people who need my help and it feels nice I can help those poor people. Of course not, I do not feel important when people say Thank you Thank you and I do not get angry or upset if people do not say Thank You Thank you.
  4. I volunteer because I can meet other nice people like me. And if the people are not nice like me, then I do not go again to the volunteer place.
  5. I volunteer because I have a lot to share and I really do not want anyhing in return. I am self less, I repeat, I  do not want anything in return. Not only do I  make sure that I do not get paid, but I also make sure that I do not learn anything or take away anything nice about meeting people.
  6. I volunteer because it is nice to put on my Facebook and CV that I like to help people. The people need me more than I need them, so people should be grateful. Well you know what I mean.. I don't mean it that way, I mean, I am self less.
  7. I volunteer because well it is a nice way to have a good time with a conscience. It is nice to volunteer in new places as a way of giving back while on holiday and so on. So you know.. it is like come and help poor/less fortunate/needy/disadvantaged people and have a party while doing it.
  8. I volunteer because I really want to make a difference. Volunteering is well nicer than say picketing or protesting or pelting to deal with the reasons why there aren't paid people to do the work and which create the situations which enable me to volunteer and feel nice about volunteering. 
  9. I volunteer to learn new cultures and about new people. It is nice to learn new cultures. I also try to not impose my values on new cultures and the people I work with. Sometimes it is not easy, but at least I will have nice war  stories about the poor/less fortunate/needy/disadvantaged people who I work with to share with other like minded people like me.
What are the reasons you volunteer?

Comments

  1. Its great that you are a volunteer.
    But to summarize why you like doing it. Is because it makes you feel nice.
    I couldn't help but notice 'nice' in every point you were making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides feeling nice, etc, it also makes me immensely thankful for what I have, even though when compared to the other perfect FB lives of my counterparts, I fall way below.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar