Piriton, peppermint oil and prayer..

A woman told me she will chant for me. Another woman who lives with the hives thing said to rub and spray peppermint oil everywhere and rubbing alcohol.

You deh good good.. and den de itching starts.. foot bottom, instep.. as the evening cools, you feel chilly .. it is weird. I go and tek a piriton and hope that I will sleep good tonight.

The chills get worse.. i go and bathe and shiver away, no fever though. I go to bed.. shivering.. and think now to deep breathe and meditate. So I start deep breathing and meditating and I think the piriton and the pepper mint oil start causing some hallucinations because I have grandiose ideas in my mind. I should keep a recorder next to me the next time because this morning I cannot remember them. 

But the deep breathing and prayer seems to calm down the shivering. Next thing I know, I have to throw off the cover sheet and take off the tee shirt because it is too hot.

My mouth feels funny. There is some itching so I rub back the rubbing alcohol.

I sleep, wake, sleep wake up. I keep trying the deep breathing and meditating thing except that my mind wanders and I remember as a child when I used to have bad headaches and I would pray that I would be a good boy once the headache goes away.

I am glad I think about headaches.. because headaches are worse than this.

Morning comes. I think of all the things to do today and I hope that I will get through without itching.

This is a new thing now.. this fear that I will start itching when I least expect to.

My feet are normal, my skin is normal. There are no marks, no bumps.  Skin feels tender in some parts where there were bumps.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar