Breeze on the banks of the Corentyne River in the hot sun

It is 3pm on a Sunday afternoon. The Corentyne River is high and the breeze is blowing. We find a kind of plank fitted as a bench under the shade of some coconut trees to sit down. Two girls in front of us , and another girl..seated a way away on planks closer to the river. All of them long long hair blowing in the breeze in front of us.

The water is good.. the sound of it.. and the breeze is amazing. It is cool, even though the sun is hot and I have on a thick tee shirt, I start to feel cold.. but nice cold.
My companion is a young man talking about study and work plans.  I listening with one ear, the other ear listening to the breeze.

I am blessed.. the moon is full again and my mind has the fog of uncertainty and doubt and fatigue. The body is being affected, as the surya namaskar takes longer to do in the morning and somehow the stretches do not seem to reach.. the hands do not reach the ground as they are supposed to.

There is anxiety about two workshops.. and about work in general. I plan to do some new things with a child abuse prevention workshop and I have to be careful that I focus on what I have to do and not get distracted in other problems.  Fate is good.. the day is not ordinary as there are different expectations and arrangements. I break some of the facilitation rules and I am conscious that I am rambling on and making some mistakes. Some persons look a bit sleepy. The evaluation of the end of the day is good, I am glad that some of the new things worked.

I have to switch mode for the IT session the next day.. but feeling sick that I am using the same presentation from two three years ago, modified. That's not how it is supposed to be. I am teaching part of a course at UG and realising as I read around how the course content is outdated and that energy has to be found to reorganise that content to make it relevant.

The Berbice campus is breezy, hot though. The sessions are good and there is an amazing 18 year old who is doing great work with Linux. He is migrating soon.
It has been strange this year, with young people. A lot of young people, asking me what to do about this that and the other. There is an email from one guy saying he was disappointed in our encounter while others are asking for advice which I cannot give (and should not really give).

I wake up and I hear the quarrelling again. Both people are over 70 and not in the best of health There is no guarantee really of a peaceful environment  I want to block my ears again as I used to do as a child. I do not . I want to go and shout at them as I used to do as an adult. I do not.  The breeze is nice and blowing.

I sit at the computer to start the work and I decide to go stretch out.  At these times, you just have to wait for the clouds to disappear. The focus on chores is needed.. active focussing. The breeze is high.. the clouds will go away

Comments

  1. From this I'm getting young people desperately need some help and guidance….try. Afterall cliched as it sounds they really are our future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar