Defrosting the fridge as therapy......

It is morning. The mundane beckons. The fridge is to be cleaned up. (For those who do not know, defrosting is what you do every now and then to the fridge to get rid of any ice build up and to clean it)

Simple task. It is nice, methodical, rhythmic - take out things, wipe, put back. The task is completed. Feel good. I still cannot find the damned TIN certificate - but I feeling mellow, I clean up, cart out two salt bags full of junk to the rubbish bin.

Work is there to be done but the mind is not on it. Trying to adjust to all the changes which have come my way - all at once. Or thinking to just ignore them all and go read a book.


On the way to the GRA office, I have a soursop and banana smoothie, I tell the lady to hold on the sugar.
A child is selling genip. I cringe.. child sit down, say "buy someting for me". I say, "dont beg anybody fuh nutting".
I ask .. "where is your father".
He said his father is in mon repos. I ask where is your mother. He says his mother is .. is.. his face cringes a bit, smile goes.. he says she is somewhere. I feel foolish..
he watches me drink the smoothie. The soursop sour. I dont think strangers should buy things fuh children, and I dont think children should beg

I buy a bag of genip . His face lights up. He pulls out a wad of money.. 20s, 100s.. shows me. I say 'man, keep that money safe'. He say 'yeah, I got 3,000 there'


The genip when I eat it, this is my first for the season.. is sweet sweet sweet.


The GRA office is nice and cool. They will post the certificate they say, CG (Commissioner General) say they have they cannot print and give me.

I leave and run some errands. Have to go into Sandy Babb street. Sun hot and nice. I look at the milkshake prices on the JR Burger board. I look then turn away. Now I understand how some mad people stop and look at things and then turn away. I head in the pharmacy, and pass the chocolate.
I walk down Alexander Street.. nice sun.. pass Bounty - no ice cream, no biscuits, no pudding.. and I come to the pineapple man. Flies buzzing around. I stop and look. It look like he not holding the pine with his fingers but the knife.
To hell with it, I buy a pine and eat and walk home in the sun.

Woman calls. Cheerful voice, amazing woman who always lifts my spirits. She got a relationship now. Is fun listening. I reach home, conversation continues. Things looking up. Gaff goes here and there. Breeze nice. I happy for her
She tells me she was raped when she was 16 - about 20 years ago.  This is the first time she telling anybody. She think she good now.. she might even confront the guy .. trusted boyfriend - who had raped her, twice.

I get another call to do a workshop.


I dont feel like going on the seawall.

I go though.. nice breeze, nice walk. See people, another man I know, who has survived depression. We gaff a lil bit. The sunset is nice.

I made it through the day. Things to be done tomorrow.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar