One Love in the bus..

So is Friday morning. I tense up bad, I have to go face the media and things are toxic with some of my colleagues.  A 44 bus pull up, I late, but I hear beats dat say de music loud. But I late, I aint got time. . Bus got indian driver, indian conductor, indian passengers, black passengers.  Dancehall blaring, lyrics not bad. Some of the guys at the back at the bus singing. Track changes and now we hearing about gyurl and hole, and sit down and win' .. and I get racial and shout to de driver.. driver change de track.. put on Gospel , black people like Gospel. The indian passengers ignoring me.. face ahead.. the black boys at the back laughing and seh yeah driver.. we know .. you trow de gospel out de window... and I start sing amazing Grace.. two lines.. the driver raise the volume of the music. I raise my voice louder. A lady behind me not sure what to do.. boys at the back laughing louder. Driver start fumbling in the sun flap to look for CD. He find Bob Marley One Love.. I switch meh tune to One Love and say, yeah driver.. good ting to start de day wid.
Boys at the back laughing still and start singing. indian lady in front of me turn around and ask.. is which church I go to.. I say, I is Hindu, and she say,, you know Amazing Grace real good. I say yes.. thinking of Operation Restoration and de sisters  from last week.. because Grace deh would we all de time. I come out the bus.. one of the boys shout yeah big man, and we fist bump.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar