cold breeze,fyah bun and pigeons

This week I had to get up early to go out every morning to town.. 6-ish or so. I know many people do this daily. I set the alarm for an hour earlier and manage to get up.. it is strange though doing the surya namaskar in the pre dawn darkness but at least I face east.

The mornings have been cool and facing the seawall and walking down Churchroad to get the minibus.. breeze blows.. cold and nice... to wake you up some more. The minibuses are there.. full with early morning people .. most buses are playing hymns and gospel (yeah, even the ones with the flowers on the murti on their dashboard).. though one morning one bus (with a flower on the murti of Lord Krsna on the dashboard) had some of the music with the lyrics about man overpowering woman.

Walking down empty streets and seeing the early morning.. people going home after work, people now starting work. Coconut water vendor.. I dont think I can stomach coconut water so early. The people we pass, we say morning sometimes.

One morning though, street empty.. then round the corner.. hands flying, hips swaying, loud lipstick as only one of the 'gay/trans/antiman' could do ,
was like I could hear him even though he aint saying nothing..
and then a young woman start from the avenue across the road fyah bun.. and a whole set of cuss,
and the man respond in kind..
but I try a thing.. in between the fyah bun.. and the 'you cyan win' fuh keep a man u c..ksucker u..' I said morning.. and i got a nice polite loud "morning  morning" back from the man who was swaying fast fast down the road behind me.

and Bourda market.. I did not know there were so many pigeons in Georgetown. They are there.. rubbish heaps.
One morning a lady.. in a kind of skimpy red dress showing off her tatoos.. with a bag throwing grains for the pigeons.. something I like watching about people feeding birds.. and remembering when some pigeons sat on my head in Trafalgar square to eat corn I had placed there..probably Mary Poppins
and on the mornings when I feel low.. something about watching those pigeons in a flock.. lifting off from the roof of Bourda Market ..

Comments

  1. Nice! I've found myself walking alone at nights on the campus when it is slightly deserted and while I don't see people, I see other things...things which make think.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar