People an' dey stupidness.. or becoming mad..

I sometimes envy the mad people I see walking down the road.. half naked, tatters, thriving and healthy on food from rubbish bins and not giving a damn about anybody around them. Talk about detachment.. that kind of yogic realisation of being one with the universe but being apart from it.. but then I do not know what going on in their head..

Recently, I have been withdrawing from relationships with people and groups of people where there is no nurturing, just a draining of spiritual energy. Or.
Unless I am a paid to do so.. I am now keeping distance from stupidness .. I thought it was an old age wise thing I am doing.. but then a younger woman's refrain in my head.. "I aint able wid people and de stupidness (and she puts some adjectives to describe that stupidness"  makes me feel relieved that is not me alone. Mad or not mad.


I think it is a healthy thing to do. I am avoiding conversations which go nowhere and which seem to go in circles. I am avoiding becoming a therapist for some. I like integrity in people close to me.. that even if they disagree with me.. their values are consistent and we know what each other are about.  I like that if people agree with me, then we can work on things together rather than complain. I like to part ways with people whose values are no longer consistent with mine.. I aint able wid stupidness.

I like doing things.. so I am not good at sitting around talking. But if we picketing or something, we can plan nice things. Picketing and protesting might be as useless as sitting around and talking.. but I feel that I am more useful there.

I like reliability.. that when people say they will do something, they will follow up or say early that they cannot. I like when people express an interest in an idea or event, that they will hold on to it and implement it and carry through with it - mad as that idea might be.

I like when people do that quickly and I could work with them on those things rather than fluff around endlessly.

I like when people take charge of their own destinies and do not complain about politicians or anyone not doing it for them.

I like when people are honest.. when they do not talk small social chit chat and meaningless promises which are not meant to be kept. I like when people tell me that I not honest.

I like when people bring their grievances off of Facebook and the Internet and onto the streets and in the real public spotlight and get something done.

And if, as I get older, I find that the numbers of people and groups of people I aint like gettin' bigger.. then mussee mad i getting mad.. but it sound a lot nice than being sane.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar