Chocolate milk shake above the madding crowd..

I discovered this week, that it is possible to have a rich chocolate milk shake (or a chocolate sundae) while being detached from the world.
The Red Cherry Cafe is on the second floor of City Mall. The staff are friendly. There is a nice selection of sandwiches, pastries, milk shakes and sundaes. Some of the sundaes are designed for two people and for four people.. I have not tried them as yet but intend to do so when on the next binge.
City Mall invokes this feeling in me that I am too old to be there and that I should be about 18 years old waiting on some date or something. When I went to City Mall to visit Red Cherry Cafe the first time, someone called me  and asked if I was not "too big to be going in deh'. I mumbled something about going to buy credit. and nothing about the ice cream thing.

So.. after braving the young crowds.. I found a nice place to go indulge my weakness for ice cream and for people watching. There are to small 'balcony' spaces.. and it was amazing, to sit on the balcony and look down at the people.. not quite ants. You kind of see all the people walking talking, who is looking at who long after the people have passed them. I ignore the pineapple vendor when eating the sundae or drinking the milk shake. I see some people walking with their head straight forward, others.. head down, others smiling in cell phones, others faces with frowns.. and of course nobody knows I am watching them.

It is nice to watch how people cross the road, to avoid the lights, some stay for the green man, others walk down to find ways of dodging the cars. People watch people who have passed them.. long after and I wonder what going through their heads.
It is kind of like being detached, while still being connected, and having the milk shake or the sundae helps to enjoy the experience more.

I wonder if I watch myself from above, what I would see.







Comments

  1. i had wanted to go in , but seeing the crowd didnt, after reading this i will be begging Sanja to take me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar