To fight or not to fight.. for God

A woman talked about a relative she has a problem with. The relative met with an accident. The woman thought it was God punishing the relative for the bad things.. and the pandit apparently agreed with her. This week, I got into an exchange with  a Jehovah Witness and then carried that exchange to Facebook. The exchange was about how Hinduism is condemned by the Jehovah Witnesses.  The Facebook comments protested the kind of ownership of truth by many religious denominations. Many people avoid those discussions.
 
When growing up, we used to take all the tracts and the magazines and so on.. but when someone left a magazine in the letter box saying Hinduism was wrong.. then things turned a bit at the insult. I would not give out any tract to any Christian or other person to tell them that their faith is wrong. I don't think anybody should do that to anyone else.



There is a Hindu 'backlash' to all the crap which has come from especially sections of the Christian denominations around the world.. some are very open in their contempt of Hinduism.

It is sad though, how the Hindu backlash has become ridiculous and taken on the tone of those who seek to diminish other faiths. The battles which are chosen are fascinating.. a lot of fuss about a Jewish woman who depicted Lord Ram as an abuser in  a film, and deathly silence about an 'Indian' man whose artistic interpretation of Lord Ram's rejection of Sita is that Lord Ram might have been gay..

At the same time, as I start to see the things which are being taught in Guyana.. that the Diwali Motorcade is 'wrong', that 'culture' is wrong,  that yoga is wrong , and things about man made religion (which my atheist friends say is true about all religion.. man made)

I feel bad when I have to say in an assertive voice (and I hear the people saying chase them) to the nice brothers in their ties and shoes and socks; and the nice sisters in their skirts and shoes and stockings .. to say to them.. hey.. we are Hindu.. lef we alone nah and go down the road to the drug dealers and the child molesters and the politicians and and the rum shop owners (those who are not devout Hindu that is).

If I see God in everybody and everything around me, then I should be conscious that God is in all of those who believe that my soul cannot be saved, and who believe that Hinduism is a false religion and that I am 'not good'.



I have no problem supporting you building your church and helping you to find your God .. but does building your church mean the destruction of mine and of others?


Chapter 18 Verse 63 of the Bhagvad Gita.. Lord Krsna tells Arjuna "Thus I have explained to you knowledge still more confidential. Deliberate on this fully, and then do what you wish to do." .. so we are not told what to do but rather told to reason for ourselves.

So I am glad that I feel 'bad' after being 'rude'  I know that these people are part of me and I am part of them and we are part of the same One .. that there is no division really between us. However, in the end Arjuna did go on to fight after initially saying he did not want to. I do not want to have to fight anybody for the respect of my faith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar