Nobady else aint talkin'...

Bus stop and I jump in the front seat. Bus driver know me.. ask how de old man and den ask me like I aint wukin today. The music is about man checking to see what under a girl skirt.. as with the lyrics of the music you never know if it is a school age girl or what. I ask is why he playing.. he said is not he, is the conductor. The conductor is the owner.

I get racial now. I ask the conductor to change the music, put on some uplifting music or play some coolie music because i aint want to check under nobody skirt.
the conductor seh he aint got no music like dat. I seh black people like gospel music too. People in the back saying well well. big lady got smile on she face and I vex bad, because is nuff stupidness.. others looking straight ahead like they aint hearing.

So I shut meh mouth.. the man aint change the music and if i start sing Amazing grace at the front of the bus, it would not have the same effect like when I sing at the back of the bus.. other lyrics about man bunnin' everybody. The driver shame bad.. so I ask he,.. i say man, so is whole day you gotta listen this or you gotta choice? Driver say no.. conductor at the back suck he teeth. Conductor is the owner of the bus.

Driver turn of the CD and put on 98.1 and lo and behold is a coolie tune.. real coolie not like dem a watch meh . I want ded wid laff.. i say well, nice thank you.

Conductor ask the driver.. what the hell you doing, who tell you to tek off the music.

Nobody cant tell he what music to play. I say wow, I thought since I paying the money I could choose the music.. the people at the back still looking straight ahead. They know where they going.


I reach my stop. I give my fare. I jump out. Conductor tell me 'I aint hearing what you hearing.. something wrong with you.. nobady else aint talkin'

Yep.. I know, for a few of us, something really wrong wid us.. because nobody else aint talkin' .. I glad for the reminder.. but the bus driver hand move on that CD player.. he ain't talk either

Comments

  1. I think you were just a bit too personal. You should not take on the things in life which others do or say or take part in to have it in no way affect you because it is not you, no part of you, and should not be if you find content or material or a message in general offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally speaking, once you are paying your own money in receipt of a service you are entitled to a choice ! If the music is offensive you can either say something about it or exit the minibus and I commend you for your efforts to speak up !

    ReplyDelete
  3. But sad that the silent majority probably agreed with you but chose not to speak up-- that's why we're where we are now-- spiralling downwards because people don't feel their opinion count.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar