To the young PPP supporter ...

hey man
Thanks for making contact and asking me if I am the person in trouble with op..

As you said, you are a PPP supporter and you are enjoying benefits from the PPP. You also said that "everyday I c wrong doings with the government and certain stuff right in the op....sometimes I just get depressed bout all this...but is good that u speak out"

About speaking out..
People say I brave and  I have guts to speak out and so on, but I friken bad. I am hoping that my livelihood would not be affected. However, as I learned from this woman.. my silence would not protect me. I hope you read Audre Lorde's essay about Transforming silence into language and action  and tell me what you think of it and whether it would apply to you and your friends who you say are also frightened.

Speaking out also means that you have to put yourself in the other person's shoes for a bit as well. It does not mean writing like how the authors on Propaganda Press write - cursing, ranting and raving at each other.
One of the pro-government blogs which I have been told is run from the Office of the President has accused me of being an author on Propaganda Press. 
I am not an author on propaganda press and it is sad that a pro-government blog would continue to perpetuate that lie.

I agree with Ruel Johnson when he wrote that anti-government talk should not be just the same lies, rumours, cuss ups which are just anti-government,.. but should be pro-truth, pro-freedom, pro-democracy. 

So.. when you and your colleagues start to speak out, it is about speaking your truths and your ideas and your vision and speaking it to your seniors in the Party and to other people.


Nobody has vision
You told me  ".. I think nobody has vision....all we hear is the symptoms of the real problem...nether granger or ramjattan or donald have come up with a strategic plan.. "

I think they have their own vision for Guyana. It might not be what other people think is best, but they have something they working for.
Their supporters would know what that is, and those supporters especially of  the ruling party who are benefiting from their vision would not believe you.

Thing is though.. what about you? What is your vision for Guyana? Have you written it down? Put it on facebook? Get others to sign on to it? Give to the PPP and all the political parties to see if it will be added to their own vision?

Young bloods
You said that "what we need is a young party new blood...a lot of youths" . Youth might seem to the answer. When President Jagdeo assumed office there was a lot of goodwill towards him because they thought that he would break with the past. Unfortunately, I feel that did not happen. You might not agree with me. This Cabinet has the youngest set of Ministers of any Cabinet as well.

Young blood is not needed if it continues the oppressions.  What is needed is for people like you to bring up new ideas and to continually question your own morals and values as you engage in politics. Someone reminded us yesterday that politics does not have morals that is why it has to be checked by other means. You have to decide how you will mix your morals and your politics.

Political parties and movements
You said you started a movement and that later on you might want to create a political party. Political parties are not the only way to bring about change.. and right now, if you have a movement.. you should make it visible.
Get allies from across the political spectrum.. you would be surprised at how many people probably think like you and would give you support. A guy I know who was sickened at the January Gospel concert when the politicians took to the stage also felt that he should do something, but he was not sure.

The PPP it seems has people internally who are like you.. they have received a lot of benefits, they are scared of losing everything.

You probably feel that you have to be grateful for what you have received. One day , I hope you get to read the Bhagvad Gita which talks about these dilemmas.. about knowing what is the right thing to do especially when close ones are involved to whom you feel you should be grateful.
What would you do if a loved one does some thing wrong? What keeps you in the PPP? What is the worst thing which could happen to you if you speak out?


Peace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar