Banana Oatmeal Muffin

There are many recipes for this banana oatmeal muffin. My nephew likes these a lot.. asks when next they are being made and when he sees bananas around, he asks if they are for the muffins












Ingredients :
2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg (or more)
1tsp cinammon (or more)
2 cups bananas mashed (as ripe as possible)
(the original recipe called for 11/2 cups bananas and 2 eggs, but I found that 2 cups bananas worked well when going eggless)
1/3 cup butter melted
1 tsp vanilla

Method :
Set Oven at 375F.
Stir together dry ingredients.
Mix banana, vanilla, butter with the flour

Bake for 14- 15 minutes - test to make sure when it finish!

I like these with peanut butter and jam on them. I also have put peanut butter in when making them, but texture not so good. I have also put raisins inside.

Comments

  1. Hi Vidya,

    I hope all's well with you.
    I've been looking for an eggless recipe for a long while and will try this.
    Looking forward to more posts of the edible variety!
    Warmest wishes,
    Manj
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar