Weed, parsad, executive jet, rum, beer, Hare Krsna, gaza, gully and guava cheese

The place was hot and the man was smoking just outside the Guyana Variety Nut booth (same place that recently had publicity about discrimination against an Amerindian woman).. he was smoking tobacco though, and funnily enough one of the few people who were smoking at GuyExpo.

The other man who was smoking fancy cigarette was sharing out Ethnic Relations Commission pamphlets.... GuyExpo nice like that, plenty paper sharing out and the Caribbean Container people are there to help recycle. I said no to the paper because I wanted a low carbon experience.

The Health Mall was nice.. they had it one side, in a nice lil place far away from the food booths selling all the fry stuff and the ice cream stand and so on. It was good work about pushing for diabetes testing and cervical cancer testing but i was told I had to go to Eureka to test for prostate cancer. Is nice when the Government promotes the private sector.

The tiny booth which they had in the Health Mall which they had for the warnings about alcohol was nicely hidden away very very far away from the El Dorado, Banks, Carib squares wide in the open.. maybe one day, the Health Mall would be in the open and the liquor booths would not be there.
It was a nice family thing, families were drinking alcohol together, I saw a mother with two daughters passing.. the girls did not look to be more than 16 but then GuyExpo is a nice family thing and the liquor companies dominated the family space. The political parties need to learn how to power share like how the liquor companies shared the space here.

I did not know Guyana have limousine and now Executive Jet (airplane, not minibus) service.. I could charter meh own jet to go anywhere in the world.. and of course I do not ask the price since we rich people dont talk money.. we just pay it.. apparently dey have one at timehri right now so I will go and check it out to see if it meet my standards for my jet travel..

A man told me he wanted to organise a community group because of the emerging youth gangs - including Gazza, Gully.. he did not believe it himself when he heard but then after one stabbing incident, he realised that things are getting crazy. GuyExpo is like that.. plenty people to meet up and gaff. Another lady remembered confusing me for a doctor and we talked about the GaudiyaMath 'branch' of the Hare Krsna movement and how much it helped her.


Cell phones galore.. I wish I had the capacity to do some statistics to figure out whether Guyana needed a special cellphone expo. The place was organised nice nice.. in between cell phone, you find GPL, and then you find a lady selling herbal things (she seh she not making, but her daughter will make).. is like, no structure or order to the thing..  It was nice to see the big furniture pavilion.. at least we make one thing in Guyana apart from the liquor outside. There were two book booths, from faith based organisations..

In another place, the nice people from the ERC try to get me to sign on to their peace and harmony pledge. I said no way, not unless Mr Edghill resigns after his abuse of his position at the ERC to attack SASOD. The PRO guy was very nice, we nearly pick fight because he say that Mr Edghill is the Chairman and the ERC is the ERC.. poor guys, I guess they get that a lot and they have learnt the standard answer. Still, plenty people seemed to have signed on to the peace and harmony with Mr Edghill and the ERC so I is the only sour one who want no peace and  harmony in the place.

There was a booth with a man selling nice ice,gold and green things and he had a poster at the back. with the Herb, and a picture of the Leaf. So.. I ask if he have that ting to sell and he say yeah, $300 and I stupid bad, I did not find out if was the poster or the other thing he marketing.. but I glad fuh he, if Banks, Ansa mcal and DDL could be selling dey poison, why not meh lil man wid his herb which does not cause the havoc which the other products do?

I ask the nice people in the Small Business Burea place how to register a small business.. and the lady did not understand, she tell me I have to go to the Deeds Registry, NIS and GRA. I say, oh.. I thought was one place I could have come to do it right there at GuyExpo,, you would have thought that they would have offered that kind of service there...  but she and the boy smile and say no no no.. they have a leaflet of all the other things which they do.

 Yall know if yall write on money, dat is against de law? So I learn from the Bank of Guyana stand that defacing money is an offence.. so I not going to show off no mo wid my thousand dollar when I take it out to write down my number to give to my fans..

A woman had some nice clothes she design in cotton and jute bag.. she tell me dat Guyanese getting like Lady Gaga, dey want to wear unique clothes. I ask she how to wash de nice shirt.. she look at me say, dry clean.. dat she dont expect me to wear de shirt regular anyways. some of her clients only wear de clothes once (GYD30,000 )
A man selling aloe vera products.. I ask he if he want to buy aloe from me because it growing wild in meh yard.. he say no no.. the humidity in Guyana high and the concentration low.. I want to dead wid laff.. dat is how capitalism and imperialism wuk.. de Americans tief de secrets and de allas, and den tell yall how you have to buy de products from dem because yall allas aint good enough.. de man see dat i not buying nuttin and say .. oh oh.. please continue to use the natural product but he doing something called multilayer marketing..

I taste the Tandy Guava cheese and I tell the lady it need lil more guava.. she vex, she say.. well they had plenty people who taste it and say that it arite, and I am the first to have problem wid it.. I say, well okay.. but i giving feedback.. you want meh lie to you?

the Namilco booth, always crowded because they giving away ting and selling ting.. dis year, dey have parsad flour mix.. I was curious, so i ask the man, what in the mix.. he tell me look at the back.. the flour mix have sugar, ghee, everything, you just need to add hot water.. I say what.. this thing got ghee too?
He looking at me like I stupid.. then he call another expert.. who say that no no , the flour mix has the flour, wheat up, spices and then you have to make it.. .. so much for customer sales.

I go looking for casareep.. the  girl selling the casareep tell me it is 1700 a bottle, and I wonder if is dat fuh true, or if she mekin a lil raise while nobody else looking.  She tell me is a bargain I getting, I dont know the price of casareep so I aint say nuttin.

I then try to stumble and find meh way out of the place. The music was loud and meh ribs was pounding.   I remember de first time in Burnham days when we went there.. they had Cow and sheep and cow milk and grate-o-mate and IAST showing lemon grass oil and GPC selling limacol (the New GPC still selling limacol and ferrol and smell o-pine) .. maybe I just dont get it.. GuyExpo is not about promoting things and services Made in Guyana.. it is just for anybody who could afford to pay the rental for the booths.


I mek sure I buy  ground orange peel from a man, for all I know is flour wid lil oil smelling in it.. but that kind of thing, that somebody might take orange peel and dry it and grind it.. that is a nice idea.. the kind of thing I wished I could have seen more of at GuyExpo. But at least I get to talk to plenty people.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar