Does God Exist?

From the Radha Krishna Mandir Photos on their Facebook Group
These two days the Hindu community is contemplating the mystical appearance of sindoor/kumkum on the Durga and Laxmi Murti at Radha Krishna Mandir . Devotees are flocking to the temple. People like me however, are skeptical and question the reason behind the appearance. Faith moves mountains a girl said on Facebook and she shared with me a fear that I have, what if it is found out that there is some other reason for the appearance of the kumkum? What if, it is some resin, etc which had some delayed chemical reaction?
Would we believe less that God exists ? And that there was never a manifestation in the form of Mother Durga at all?


The Hindu religion allows scepticism. A few weeks ago I contemplated Lord Krishna and the diversity of beliefs. Hundreds of people have marvelled at the manifestation at Radha Krishna, but in my own questioning, I have to contemplate whether I am any better or worse than those who believe that this manifestation might not have another explanation if at all.

All religions have shrines and places of miracles . A few weeks ago in Trinidad, people including my brother witnessed the Ganesha murti drinking milk.

Me though, I believe a lot and have witnessed the most amazing things in how human beings achieve.. and perhaps even as they destroy.. God was there when the Taliban destroyed the Bamiyan Buddha and when the people destroyed the Babri masjid and when people were slaughtered and tortured and so on.

So, if this manifestation inspires faith, good. But I hope it is not blind faith but one which would allow questioning, and reasoning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar