In search of the music

The Pandit asked me to take the mic to sing the Hanuman Chaalisa and I wonder if his head good.. but the guy pushed the mic in my hand. Fortunately two of the expert singers were there as well so my voice was hopefully lost in the blending.
Earlier this week, relatives of Jared Peroune organised a family recital.. was amazing to watch him play, without score on the piano.

Today Sunday was fascinating for my Facebook.. opened up with Flo Bourne sharing Mahalia Jackson with me and I went on youtube in search of soul.. and as youtube goes , I ended up with Nina Simone 'Aint got no.. I got life".. and then to Hayley Westenra who I had not heard for about 6 years or so. Facebook good, Ish was posting a whole set of Bollywood  tunes, and then Nanda brought up the whole thing with the Thappu drums.. something in her head. I got people posting their rap favourites on my Wall as well.
Tonight, went back to celebrate a 50th birthday with bhajans and baani style Ramayana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar