All work should be God's work..

The Satguru Bodhinatha Veylanswami (of the Himalayan Academy in his discourse in Georgetown said that we should look at all our work as God's work and not think that the day/time we are engaged in active prayer are the only times to think of God. In thinking about how exactly should I know what should be God's work, I saw this couplet by Rahman Baba
"Sow flowers, so your surroundings become a garden. Don’t sow thorns;for they will prick your feet. We are all one body. Whoever tortures another, wounds himself.”  
 This is the first anniversary of this blog. I have made about a 100 posts in the year. Yeah I know, I aint gut wuk to do (God or devil).  I am not sure why I started this blog - I know I wanted to vent and cuss up and show off a bit - a bit of narcissism which really means as much as standing in front of the mirror speaking , or on a road corner talking while people walk past - some listening, some ignoring you and maybe if you lucky, one or two people answering you back or even better, asking you why you don't shut up.


Ruel Johnson has written about the anonymous OP blogs and I had this other thing niggling me, that I should not be anonymous, and also continue to be critical , and talk about things which newspaper letter editors would not allow me to talk. So this blog, also was about that.. but the lack of anonymity has meant that I had to calm down and think through and not cuss up too much, and that even if I do the satirical pieces, that they are just that - probably with the effect of pelting dry flowers at their targets rather than doing as some of us might want to do, and juk with plimpla.


It is hard to be nice and compassionate. When Bishop Edghill and the IRO cuss up SASOD from his ERC position, we had nuff ting we could have done like go and protest and cuss up back. But, we thought through, and we invited the IRO to dialogue and they are yet to respond to that ( and I hope that they not shame or friken and that they will dialogue with SASOD) .

I was not sure what I was going to write about in the beginning and even now, I still am not sure what to write about. I fantasized about being clever, and amazing to put things here which will change the world rather than be laments about existing things.

People have laughed, some have cried - and some have been bored but they have been kind not to tell me.  


One of the guys who I wish would write his own blog, he told me had these thoughts "When Vidya Kissoon walks into a room and take off his clothes, some people are happy and some are unhappy..", the imagery is a bit scary , but this opening up has been good for me.  The way I have been handling the low periods, so that when typing the stuff here, and thinking not so much of God, but of future employers, and calming down and so on, it is good to write my way out of the low periods.

Another good thing about this blogging is that I have had to practice writing about things which just float in my mind. Some of the things I have written before going to bed because I felt that I could not sleep unless I wrote about whatever was in my head. One of the things I had hoped would happen is that other people would write their own, and there are two people who started their own blogs. I hope more do so.

Sowing flowers - is not going to be easy for me since there has to be a way to express that rage, anger, hopelessness, bitterness. If I am going to contribute to the lifting of the level of conversation in Guyana, I am going to have to weed out the plimpla , maybe drawing my own blood in the process. And since I cannot know what 'God' thinks , I will look forward to feedback from the readers to decide whether this aspect of my 'work' could be considered God's work. From the feedback though, it has been good and I am grateful.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar