Peppermint tea, baklava and homesickness..

This was one trip which I was not very sure about because I had not had a chance to rest before. My body finally collapsed,I picked up the stupid cough bug which I am prone to.. so ever 20  or 30 minutes, there is a dry retching cough. When you sick, you probably should be home, but then is good to also push your boundaries and see.

I like travelling, but conferences overwhelm me, so definitely no more for me.

Today I stayed in and slept. It helped a little bit. In the afternoon, I sat down in a cafe and drank some peppermint tea. The tobacco whiffs are all over the place.  Is great to sit down and people watch. This is the Turkish district, and it is amazing to see how the families are, walking around and in their businesses. What is a bit evident though, is that you do not see too many mixed groups walking around. People probably keep to themselves. The Diwan bakery has a whole range of baklava and I buy about 5 pieces - divinely sweet, so that you get a sugar rush that almost mek you feel lil dizzy.

The market had peaches, and the ripish bananas on offer. Peaches are in season now, and they are really great to eat.

Is night time now, I going in to sleep. I think I will sleep now. Last night, my room mate gave me a back rub.. there was no massage oil so he use the vicks mix with the lube that the people sharing out at the conference. Good use of lube I say.
wat
I think the caffeine probably too much, so I have to watch the coffee and the chocolate.

I am here for some purpose, I hope I find out. People say the blog is good. I should stop telling my self that I should have sent that other guy who is much better at these things than me.
Next time though..

Comments

  1. The blog is good good. How many times do you need to hear that before you believe, and publish?

    Cariba Guyane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar