Jota, aha and selling creamsicle, popsicle and Fudgicle at BHS Fun Day

I had to find a way to get attention to the cooler of creamsicle, fudgicle and popsicle so I was shouting "Popsicle, Fudgicle, Creamsicle" above the music.. and a girl said... oh my gosh, you were here last year doing the same thing! I said, you must be mad, me , two years in a row, same place.... no way..

But, less creamsicle and fudgicle and popsicle sold this year.. are the students not eating as much ice cream as before? Prices have not risen much though one of the just recent old students said that since VAT things at Bishops' food sales seem to have just gone up.

I opened the scrabble board around 12:30 and the first game was with two students, one of whom after taking the tiles said he did not know to play.

Andrea had said we cannot use the nice art room tables which the Chapters send , so we dusted down some of the old tables.

Another guy came and took his tile, and then another guy came and said.. Can I help them? .. I said no problem. This new guy then says.. he played in competitions in his village.. so I said to myself , is a good thing this dont have money..oh oh..

The boy who could not play,, tell some of his friends, that no no, is not chik chik board.

The lady selling fish and chips ask me if they have to get money for the games.. I said no no no .. and I pray that somebody big come and see that is not that I trying to gamble and cheat these lil children out of their chits.

First round finish with different people since people hand their racks to others, and the second game start - just two popsicle sold so far.. I am getting nervous with this cooler. I hear they have some jumping thing but I hooked on the scrabble board. Second game have some new people come in and we have nice words forming .

When we do the round of names, they cannot believe my name is Vidya. So I say that I am transgendering.. and that this is the first step. One of the other guys says okay, his name is Maria and he transgendering too. I say he hope to use the holy name to win the game.. and like it work.

He plays a lot online he told me and it tells, he knows all the weird two letter hooks. He tells me shucks, Ms Harris did not recognise him.. he tells me Ms Harris think his hair was too long and wanted him to cut it and he spent five years in school dodging Ms Harris..

i say well,, i know.. and it slip out my bad mouth that I know Ms Harris as a prefect and we used to think she hot.. and he look at me like if I mad.(I then tried to withdraw the comment of course but then I realise that is old students talking, he no longer a student) I want to say to him that Ms Harris probably recognise him and let him be.. so he probably not going to have any confrontation.

The next game start with another set of students.. no old students as  yet, these are current students. David Bhola pass and say.. shucks, he cannot do any work because now he cant pass the scrabble board. He set up and come back. He try the scrabble champ thing with couple bluff 7 letter words.. but we know the thing.

I hearing Karaoke.. but i dont move.. one lady was trying really hard and i end up singing along.

Fourth game have another girl who play online, she in fourth form.. and she beat us. At this time Gillian and Han are around. David say he could bring his board for the twilight game... things busy, I shouting fudgicle and creamsicle while trying to score high. We do not have dictionary and at some point Han say.. we use the Democracy Dictionary, if enough people say is not a word, then is not a word. A girl play JOta and Gillian say yes yes, is a word and we check and is a scrabble word.. the meaning of Jota is varied.. but we not worried about meanings, we just want the scores

Vivienne come around and look at the board and say in that nice Bishops-girl-who-did-elocution- voice.. AHA is a word? We say yes, that Scrabble is not about English but about a whole set of words like oo, aa, ee, el, em, ar, qi which nobody would ever use in real life. Ms Holder came around and said that her brains get too old for Scrabble, but she wanted a copy of the two letter word lists for when she resumes playing. I dont trust that old brains stuff.. I am sure that she will memorise those words and use them.
They playing Michael Jackson and Double Dutch Bus for those of us who remember those things.

So.. we play with nice Deluxe board.. I open with MY, and then David Bhola play LEARNER on top. for 68 points (Democracy Dictionary cannot work here). Han, Gillian and I say wait wait wait.. this cannot be something about this board and tiles.. but is hard to prove this.. especially when his second play was QUAILS on a double word with the Q on the double letter.. again democracy dictionary cannot work.

so this was my view.. it was good to be there. The interaction is good in its own way to hear what happening in school and how things are going.

Unfortunately I could not get to do Karaoke  or go jump on the jump thing or any of the other fun things which were there to do. Maybe others who were there would say..

Hazel plan to sell the rest of the ice cream on Monday.. the home made one was very good.. I nearly bought out the stock I had.

Next year we probably have to do sugar and fat free sorbet or something if they not eating as much ice cream as before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar