I am sweet..

The woman kiss me and tell me that I am sweet. The day before, in the plenary, she hear my question and say that I smart, that I must be from Guyana. She is a smart woman too, a big woman.

So I pinching myself, asking myself what am I doing here. All the angst of getting here, and then to reach the pension where the hotel owner seems to prefer that we were not there. I smell tobacco everywhere.. too many people smoke. Thank God the heat wave cracked on Saturday night, and the place cold now so I could wear my clothes for two or three days without worrying.

The man who bring me here, I have seen him once. He has not paid us the per diem yet and I trying to budget and eat healthily and also eat as much of the pastries and ice cream as I could. but I am taking the stairs instead of the elevator and escalator.

I am feeling sleepy a lot, but the blogging is going good. Trying to get different perspectives on the Caribbean here and also trying to do some things with podcasts in Spanish and French.

I also have to get out of here, too much of this HIV/AIDS thing around and it is easy to forget there are other things in life and not be too involved. Is nice to have a room mate, but he is very active and we fall asleep talking about AIDS and wake up and could resume conversations about AIDS and the related issues.

I still want to have a good 8 hour sleep and then wake up refreshed.. I keep feeling that I am buzzing on something. must be that coffee ice cream

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar