Por lo menos no soy el mismo yo del anterior

Motorcycle Diaries is a beautiful film.. and the story is a good one, young Ernesto Che Guevara going around the Americas and meeting with different people, the journey at the end of which he is reputed to have said "Por lo menos no soy el mismo yo del anterior" - I am not me anymore, at least I am not the same me I was"

So I get to thinking through of 'me' and changing, from this morning waking up thinking I want to stay in bed but the workshop is calling and feeling the nervousness that I would not do it well. And then starting a process to withdraw from a volunteer assignment at AIDS 2010 but which backfired during the day since the replacement is not easy to find and I can't make another enemy.
 I think the Universe is saying haul your backside there, because another email says, the apartment in Budapest is going to be ready for you.

A woman told me of the joy she had while she trained a group of people in computer usage.. training is like that and thankfully today , I slipped out of the 'me' into another 'me' who managed to pull through day with some flaws, but to lose myself .. but when it is over, the questions come back..
So it was good, to go see the mountains and thinking of taking some old motorbike and head out and find other people.

A guy told me thought that once he had a lot to do he would be happier.. the secret really is to be happy before you start to do the things and find some erotic in them.

So I will be battling and waging, some things I have postponed and cancelled, somethings I am leaving and going to do and I hope that at the end of every day that I could at least say "I am not me anymore, at least I am not the same me I was" when I woke up.

Comments

  1. viday,

    i read both the book and saw the dvd - motorcycle diaries. i also have his biography - if you're interested.

    did you ever read that he said: if the cuabn revolution fails no one should look for me in a rocking chair?

    as i read his books and looked at the commericalised dvd, i felt the same vibes about che as i felt and feel in nadine gordimer, walter rodney, angela davis - have her autobiography (she cleared up a lot of misconceptions)if you're interested. there is soemthing about the intellectual/academic and the revolutionary. i hope to make this the cornerstone of my readings and energies. there is something there i think that makes life worthwhile - the will to change the current and not rely on fate, or karma or the other ... i must say not rely only on those because i understand what i know is not only what exits!!not sure i make sense ... maybe i've not put my finger on it as yet. anyway ...

    when i read che i can't help think how unselfish he was and how much faith he had in humanbeings. yes ... another of my favourites "sayings" - to not have faith is to be selfish!

    later,
    janice imhoff

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar