Orange sky and pointless conversation

The sun was hot bad even though was almost 5pm. Breeze nice, tide nice, it going out. Clear sky means it will be a great sunset, and it is. The moon is rising and reflects the orange of the sunset. I cant make it back the two mile run, but I am glad to be out here, to see this. I start doing the yoga on the nasty beach, feel like it. Not going to be barefoot though, glass on the beach. So it got me in my nice boots doing yoga, I already lampy pampy so the balance is even more weird to keep on the sand, I keep tumbling over.

Funny, I told a woman today i need balance in my life.

But it was good, nice breeze. Then I hear a man say.. Aye, long time I aint see yuh, .. and I turn, and thought oh lord, this is going to be rum shop talk now. He say.. you want gum, I going and get some, I say no no.. but breeze nice, sun setting and i did not do the rude thing.. like say 'you aint see i trying ot acheive my balance here".. but I think the man musse tink I looking stupid and saving me

So we gaff, he is writing two books for a long time now, and we start talking about black people and coolie  people, and i peeping the sunset and say, see how nice the sky look. We talk about how PPP is a failure, but he say the alternative is worse, and I look at the moon.
We talk about how no publishing house in Guyana and then we talk about race, he say his book will have black people vex because he write about what he experienced as a child during the '60s. I say no problem. He say he also write about the failure of the Hindu people to deal with the needs of their people, and I think, this is going to be fun with the ERC when it come out wid both IAC and ACDA complaining to them (if ACDA recognise the ERC that is)

He say that he could not marry a black woman or white woman.. he would only marry an Indian woman. I could not hold back, I say.. but you did. and look where you deh now (they happily divorced, she had told him she had choices) .. and I tell him you never know what could happen you meet a nice black woman and fall in love or maybe a black man or white man, all ting possible these days. He say yes, is true.

We talk about writing and reading.. who we write for and I think of this blog. I want people to read it, but then I have things I write about that I am sure nobody bother with but I find typing is good and I wish other people would write as well.

So the moon full now. Stars are out, is not often you see that. It was thunder and lightning last night.

I feel good now. Was a strange day. Had a long conversation with a guy who holding the job I had applied for and for which I never got the interview.. so in this weird world, I might get a contract to help in saving the project. And then.. I tripped out after a woman I know who has been one of my inspirations, I heard she tripped out really bad. I forget other people's mental health issues.. this is a woman who is really kind, and who is passionate about children's well being, but who like me from time to time trip out and alienate people with a cold biting anger . My anger is useless though, nobody dont bother with it.


So she tripped out and I tripped out. We were not in the same place thank Goodness. . I watch the moon and the stars and I think , must be the summer solstice that got both of us messed up... I need to dance naked to celebrate it but then mosquito will bite me.

Another woman today in email, she want to know how people could play scrabble in this crisis. I try to tell her that it is okay for people to eat ice cream, play scrabble, have sex, laugh, love and live and have some company. The crisis will not go away if we do not do those things.

sometimes the universe dont work in my favour.. one day I will figure out the reason I was not supposed to complete the yoga on the seawall.

Comments

  1. Vidya,

    nice prose! i liked it.

    each day, as i breathe in guyana, i understand and defend nero's choice to fiddle while rome burnt.

    during my vacation-at-home read a bit on religion and spirituality ... the former is about belief, the latter - trust. any thoughts?

    later,
    janice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar