Pimples and burial ground blossoms

After a long time, I looked in the mirror. In the restroom, the light is bright and the mirror close. There are three pimples on my face, Jeez, big man like me with pimples. And plenty more grey.. my uncle say those grey flecks are burial ground blossoms. Pimples they say come from eating too much sweet and fat. Yeah.. a decadent life.. in 10 days, chocolate mud pie, death by chocolate, ice cream, more ice cream, even more ice cream, all kinds of baklava, cheesecake, pinkberry yoghurt, raasmilai, yoghurt with honey and walnuts, and plenty of it, bagel with jam, plenty jam, and marmalade, plenty marmalade, chocolate cheesecake with brownie bits, soya milkshakes, more chocolate cheesecake (I know they have other flavours)... Gabriel Garcia Marquez wrote his old man "memories of my melancholy whores".. I will have my memories of luscious desserts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar