eres Latina...?

The nice short girl ask me to put back the boots on the top shelf. Me and she had a nice gaff about how I does walk, she watch meh shoe bottom and say.. oh oh.. you need the Asics.. I ask how much, she say US140, I say..oh, i dont like runnin' that much.. she say she short, i say she should play basketball and get tall.. me and my racism that all black people in America like basketball and all bangladeshis like cricket, she say no, she dont like basket ball, she like baseball.. and i say..ah eres latina and she say 'si ' and in the next store the latina chat me up nice nice and mek me buy a shoe cleaner which i dont need,

On the plane, the woman next to me told me she was from bluefields in nicaragua, she had a book studying, she about to retire but she said that she cannot keep her mind bored, so she was studying for another exam which she will take just before she retire. She talked about bluefields nicaragua like how many Guyanese probably talk about Guyana.. they miss the place, they go back, things changing, crime more, doors cannot be left open, it was strange to listen
In all the flipping immigration propaganda though,  they dont talk about almost retired hispanic women who are continuing their education.. and i felt guilty because CNN and NBC mek me believe that all hispanic does wuk as maid and gardener , nor that many would go home if things were better

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar