Travel south - Pîyakîîta

Day 1
The tongue of the boots said Made in China, and that should have been the warning.. as I walked i wondered why I was feeling the pebbles, but did not bother. The savannah and the mountains around me are too beautiful and I could not be bothered. I had taken out the boots from the cupboard, I had bought a few years ago for walking.. and now.. the chinese soles gave up, they came off and I left them on the brick road.
the walk was good.. i had no clue where i was going and was scared to ask directions. I had to climb over a barbed wire fence, and the barbs in the exact position to cause most damage. So, I arrived at my consultancy client with shoes without soles..and it looks like I will have to do the board presentation in rubber slippers after all.


Day 1, I wanted to do the 40 minute walk to Bina Hill from the airstrip.. savouring every moment of savannah. It is a blasted curse, that there is internet here, because outside is beautiful. But I am here on IT business

My first interview is on a bench under the trees. A vaqueiro passes, in full dress, and there are two black vultures strutting on the road. Thanks to solar power and broadband, there is some ICT here. So I am sitting here, in the perfect office, no walls, with savannah miles around. And there is a nice breeze, not always, only today... and one student has on the laptop with some Brazillian music.. perfect Republic afternoon, while they work on their projects

I was going to look for a spot to do the yoga, but it is pouring with rain, thunder and lightning.. have not seen this since July in Guyana. No El Nino here.

The night noises are different, it is not  silent.. after 8:30pm, no voices. I am on the strange bed, windows open, and not thinking of security

Day 2
Morning and the rain has eased. Nice just to see the mist on the mountains/hills, some of them have rain. My first interview for the day is outside, in direct line of sight of mountains and trees and savannah and one black tank for water.  I chat with two women who have moved here. Both have options to live in GT and it is tempting. There is an American man who ended up here as well. This is where he will end his days he says. I will miss the ocean if I live here. I learn of options to visit other places, and that things are now easy with transportation and so on. There are lodges in the villages. I have referred people only to Rockview before, not realising that people could have stopped at Aranaputa and other places.

more work to do, the generator is on tonight, so i do like what i would do in GT, go on the laptop. Thing is, the sky is clear outside and there is moonlight.. I am listening to Macuxi/Brazillian music from Radio Paiwomak.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar