Books I have been reading..

I want to show off and name drop the books I have been reading. The book club has been one of the greatest things for me, though as a woman reminded me, she expects me to have more insights into the books and another woman wrote an essay for us to consider in terms of how we review books.. and applying literary theories.. Deep stuff but I am not doing English B all over again, but still..

The other thing is that Facebook cannot hold the full list and I have this hoarding thing, to impress myself that oh hell, have i read all of that?

So this is the list ..

I wrote about the books I read In 2009


The previous listing is here.. this is related to the books I read for the book club.

In 2008
Naguib
Richmond : The first crossing
khalid hosseini : thousand splendid suns
Michael Ondaatje : Anil's Ghost
Jacobs : year of living  biblically
chinua achebe : Things fall apart
do good lives have to cost the earth
Frederick Forsyth : The Afghan
Zadie Smith : White Teeth

in 2007
Edwidge Danticat : Farming of bones, Brother I'm dying
Ludlum : Bancroft strategy
Sam Harris : end of faith
Richard Dawkins : God delusion
Rhyan Shah : A silent Life
Two Amelia Peabody books
Hollinghurst : the line of beauty
Gregory Roberts : Shantaram (and I boasted in the Guardian about this)
Tolle : the Power of now
Jed rubenfield : the interpretation of murder
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Shyam Sevladurai : Cinammon Gardens
John O'Farrell : May contain nuts, this is your life
Hawthorne: Scarlet Letter and other stories
kempadoo : guyana boy
Sobel : Galileo's Daughter
kwame Appiah : cosmpolitanism
Sherwood anderson : Winesburg, Ohio
Kei Miller : Fear of stones

in 2006
Naguib Mahfouz : Palace of Desire, Sugar street
Danticat : Breath, eyes, Memory
Maugham : Casauarina Tree
E Lynn Harris  : invisible Man
the Piano
Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad
The Swinging Bridge by Ramabai Espinet
allende: Stories of Eva Luna
Zedaris : dress your family in corduroy and denim
Wiesel : Night
Mark McWatt : suspended sentences
Shineborne : god mother and other stories
Terri McMillan : A day later and a dollar short

2005
Khalid Hosseini - Kite Runner
The alchemist
Ten Incarnations of Adam Avatar
Irshad Manji - The Trouble with Islam
Kafka's- Metamorphosis
Venus Envy - Rita Mae Brown
and plenty more and I have forgotten some of them :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar