Going to Customs to build a house..

Today, the young guy asked me if I was a social worker, said he had seen me on TV talking about something to do with alcohol. We started gaffing, all kinds of things, barber shop, work,  church, God.. things were not going good for he said, that his personal life was a bit messy and even his work dreams were not being realised. I asked what he meant, he said he started working at Customs so that he could make money.. fool me, I said, oh, the pay not good, and then he said no not that, that he hoped to work at Customs to make a few dollars and build a house and then move on.. it was stressful to watch everyone else making the money, but he was excluded.. this said to me who he did not know without any sense that it might be a bad thing..

I had to leave the gaff, nice enough chap, but such is life  , probably many young people all over the place who ketching a lil raise to help pay their tithe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar