To do or not to do - Vidyaratha Inc.?

Orchid at sunset
The woman asked ' who owns a business here' and a few hands in the crowd went up slowly. It was like one of those evangelical self help thingy meetings and I was feeling a bit off. The woman asked again and I put up my hands.

It was a kind of stupid thing to do , but at the same time, I wondered about moving from being 'self-employed' to being an entrepreneur marketing well.. myself. Of course for taxation and other purposes there is a difference between Vidyaratha Kissoon, Self Employed , and Vidyaratha Kissoon, Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director/General Manager/Executive Director of Vidyaratha Inc. or ChocLuva Enterprises?


And when people hear 'sell yuhself', first thought might be sex work (and I was asked once, a long time ago.. how much I would charge... hypothetically I think but then again.. ).

I know there are some one man/one woman corporations (just as how there are some one man/one woman NGOs and so ) but what if I became the corporation rather than creating a separate name and brand? What if the brand is Vidyaratha and my birth certificate could double as the business registration?And instead of clients and employers, they are customers? Legally of course there are ramifications because being an employee has some much more benefits than being a provider of custom in which the customer has more benefits and rights! But would the cost of the product service be different?]

I have in the past been paid from overseas, so I could say that I 'exported' services.

I went to found this nice article with some ideas about marketing yourself, and of course there is the SWOT analysis thing (the article is from 2011 so.. )

I have my written my code of ethics and values which on their own don't make money.

Mission of Vidyaratha Inc would be to maximise shareholder profits, and since the shareholder is only me.. that should not be a problem and instead of being an employee type cost centre, I could become a profit centre (okay.. showing off my lil accounting knowledge), or that I am the only asset .. but shoots, the depreciation of the asset and then the write off....

This thing on my mind - as instead of a CV then, I develop a product sheet with samples , or maybe keep too kinds of things available a CV and a product sheet.

I have never been a business person and I lost the last competitive bid I ventured into for provision of a service abroad.

But there seem to be some practices of a sole trader business person which must converge with the practices of a self employed person  to sort out the hustle.

Mission as I go ahead with this then is to work out what this mix is and how Vidyaratha Inc evolves (nice positive thinking thingy), or I just keep on working with what works.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar