Yoga under the window through which rain comes in sometimes..


430pm and I am dropping off in front of the computer. I had read that genip/quenepa could help you sleep.

Place is humid and rain is falling and I think, come on go and have a nap. It is a stupid time though to have a nap and I know that even if drop off in front of the computer, the humidity will make sure that I don't really drop off on the bed.

Body is paining as stress has taken over.  Watching as another loved one succumbs to the ugly racial politics of Guyana as I thought that the politics was not their thing.. and wondering if I ever lie to anyone about my values.

Something about the rain though and I think come, go do the yoga routine. Go , go..  and for a moment I think heck would be good to go if I had a waterproof mat thing to go out on the wet mossy concrete and do it in the rain..

But closest thing is to open the window and go under the window.  The rain is weird though, it falling but no breeze though.  One or two times I have done this and felt the rain drops sprinkle me as I try to stretch out and breathe and it feels nice to have the cool drops on the warm skin.


There is a slow drip drip sound.  Roof is leaking and I know that another things need fixing, cajoling the man who had fixed the roof to come  back and fix it, find his phone number. I try to ignore the drip , then to imagine the drip is some kind of relaxing sound but then the drip reminds of the things I am not fixing.

And I dont feel to go under the leak in the roof to feel the drips on me as I strip and breathe.. the drips from the leaky roof are not the same as the spray from the open window even thought it is all water.

And so I stretch, breathe.. pains are there, reminded of the pains but not thinking of them because experience says they might go away, or not.


Breathing is good. the relaxation is not the same as sleeping though and then thankfully I don't feel sleepy any more and I feel good that I did not go in the bed but did some yoga  under the open window while the rain was falling.

And as I get up, move.. I feel okay, that I will fix those things which I can fix.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar