"Dem gah 13 odder passenger in de bus who want hear music.."


Running a lil late and I breathe deeply and I praying that I don't ketch a loud dutty music bus. I learn about Chronnix and I hope the bus dem playing the music at least.

Bus come up, music loud. I in a hurry. I shut up. Bus has mostly children, teenagers, women.
The lyrics nasty and dutty coming out, the driver realise and shift the song.

Music loud. Next song got nasty lyrics tuh. "Lakshmi blessings" write on the roof above the window. The dashboard look like it have a Ganesha and Durga murti.

I holler from the backseat near the windwo.. Conductor signal to turn down the music because he think I want to come off.
I ask fuh different music.
Nobody else say anything. Nobo
 I was going to ask fuh coolie music but I don't know if was a coolie man already singing de nasty dutty lyrics.

I ask for gospel from the back seat by the window.

Nobody else say anything. Nobody else ask. My back start hurt again and I say let me shut up.


Driver look in rear view and smile and did not change the music. I ask he if he don't have Chronnix. One man coming out the bus say, yeah, he want fuh know the same thing.

Nobody else say anything.

He change to something else or maybe the dutty dracks evolve into something else.

Nobody else say anything.

I reach where I going. I come down and ask him if he know he supposed to also put the Lakshmi in  his sound system.

He look at me like he want cuss me and tell me that is only me alone, that he doan hear lyrics and dat he had 13 odder passengers who want to hear the music.

Majority voted, democracy. Dutty music wins. Bus man is de President. 13 silent people , the citizens.

He drive off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar