Microwave ripe plantain and cheese



Night Cap in Guyana makes a nice stuffed baked plantain. It is similar to the Latin American dish of baked plantain and cheese.

Baking in the oven takes time, patience. It really makes no sense to hot up the oven for two pieces of plantain.

So I did mine in the microwave. There is no nice brown part. But well in 10 minutes you get a nice plantain taste.

Apparently, you have to keep checking. Here is a video of the steps. I moistened the paper towel.

The plantain should not take long. The skin will darken and will start peeling off. The plantain will get soft and could get mushy if you leave too long.
 
I put the cheese mixed with green stuff inside. If I had a grill, I would have used it at this point.

But I don't have a grill.



De ting wuk good.  I know people say cancer radiation and dem ting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar