Prayers from a man with a nasty dry cough waiting to sleep

Dear God,
I lying down here waiting to sleep.. but every now and then this cough which crunching up my whole body which already paining coming up.
I trying to think calm thoughts and so - I stock up on all the herbal and the cough syrup and so but like all just meking things worse.
I know dere is a lot of science around why I get the nasty cough, and I hear dat when I was small dat a doctor, and not a pandit had predicted I would always trouble with this nasty cough thing on and off. But it easier to pray to you than to a scientist.
I feel shame.. is everywhere I go today, and is nuff place I have to go these days, I deh coughing and so like I gun dead.

A couple days a go I tell somebody that I would be happy if the body pain go away.. but now God, I think you send this cough so that I could know I would be happy if the cough go away.  I also thinking that this is payment for all my sins and so and I bearing it up because it mean I going straight to heaven to join you.

I dozing off and then all kind of half dreams coming up before I wake up coughing again.

The stupid socks feel funny on meh foot - the vicks on the foot thing but I hope it help.

God.. in the middle of all of this the phone ring at 140am - it had Private No on it and nobody answer and I wonder if is you waking me up. Like I fall asleep and no coughing.. I come out the bed, no coughing and go back and lie down. no coughing. I mussee was dreaming because I wake up and the whole body screwing up.

Is no fun managing depression, body pain and now coughing. God don't get my wrong, I am very grateful, I prefer all of dis to the itching. But I have a whole set of things to get done and dem aint gun get done if I exhausted from coughing is not one of them.

I not praying to you to make the cough go away.

So yes.. de thyme and honey taste nice, and de tamarind and honey taste nice and the cinnamon and honey taste nice. BUT They not wuking so far, but it mussee early days yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar