Dogs are a man's best friend

"I am afraid of dogs" - the woman with whom I had a long interesting conversation with told me. We were at the gate of the nice people she was staying with, in Queenstown. I looked out of the car window and say a black labrador doberman looking thing which was snapping at her.. and I thought, oh good lord, not that i friken dawg, but .. I am not really a dog lover.

But, I did the gentlemanly thing and come out.. and we open the gate.. and then the dog, like s/he take a liking to me, fortunately and start jumping up on me and I am playing with the dog ears and so on like I is one of dem who does min' nuff nuff dog and like dem bad bad.

Is a strange thing , this universe. I know plenty people who love dogs, always have to have at least one around.. another friend told me she had 13 at one time. I never liked them.. but for some reason, dog like me..

This lady in England had these massive setters, and one particular one who was blind in one eye used to jump on me and rest his head on my shoulder.. I used to got in meh head, oh rass. I gun have to wash my clothes.. but instead of pushing the dog down, I would be patting head and so on.. The lady once told me how she surprise at how one particular dog seem to like me because he dont like nobody else.. I was like, oh.. how nice.. and thinking about how I will have to wash my hands and clothes and so on.

This dog now, is 11:45 pm in queenstown, and I trying to mek sure that s/he dont run out on the road because I have no intention of running behind no dog , but gentleman that i be, I would have been running behind the dog and hope that nobody shoot me for a dog tief, because while I dont like dogs, this dog had nice shiny coat and is a dog that people would tief.

So the dog bite my one hand and then the other hand and I think oh lord, I hope this dog was not eating anything nasty before.. but at least my friend able to sort out keys and open the door. I start to feel a lil guilty, because here I am , the dog playing with me and enjoying my company and I playing with the dog and kochoring the dog, while I thinking that lord, i hope this done soon because I got dog spit on my slippers - the dog want to eat my slippers off my foot, and pun meh hand.. and I feel like a traitor and said, okay let me pay a lil attention, and try to like the dog a lil bit.
Eventually, the door open and my friend say you can go now..
I feeling like I want to go bathe, but my cousin in the car, he talk about he dog, who live in the house, and I think of all my friend who does have dog hair and dog spit pun dem and dem aint dead yet.. so I stop feeling scorn.
And I thankful that for a few minutes, a strange dog.. who I dont know, mek fren wid me so that a woman who friken he could go in the house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar